Saturday, January 25, 2014

Luggage Tag Tutorial~

I'm on vacation this week.  Why?

1.  It's my 12th wedding anniversary.
2.  We received about 13" of snow over the past few weeks.
3.  The weather forecast is sub zero to single digits.
4.  I got a fabulous, last minute deal on a cruise.

I've been saying I need to make new Luggage Tags for awhile now.   There are lots of patterns and tutorial on the internet, if you google it.  I decided to keep it simple.

Here's what I did:


Cut really cool fabric 3" x 5" for front and back of each tag.
Iron on interfacing, same size, on the front pieces.


Cut a piece of ribbon long enough to attach to your luggage.
My ribbon was 12".  Pin to right side of one of the front pieces.
You'll want to catch the ends when you sew the back to the front.


With right sides together, sew the back and the front together.
Clip the corners.


Pinch the front of the fabric and carefully (without cutting anything important)
make a tiny snip.  Cut it open about 1.5" or enough to turn tag inside out.


Turn tag inside out and iron flat. 


Top stitch around the edge of the tag.


Your tags should look kind of like this.
(I really like polka dots)


Next, click on over to LRStiched
to learn how to print on fabric from your computer (it's easy!!!)
Cut your label to fit your tag.


Top stitch your label onto your tag over top the turning hole.
Voila !  Fast, easy new luggage tags!

I also had to make a little camera bag for my new camera:


I used a mini polaroid block~

Hope the tutorial is useful to you!  Please let me know if you have any questions~


Bon Voyage!

No comments: