Sunday, March 8, 2015

Scrap Busting Project

I've been quilting/sewing for many years...and I've accumulated a TON of scraps.  What is it about not being able to throw these fabric nuggets away???

I have created several quilt projects using my scrap stash, such as:






But now, the scraps are taking over my sewing space.  Time to put them to good use!

Here's several idea I've found for getting my stash under control:











I may use all of these ideas....maybe a color at a time???  

I'd love to hear your ideas for busting your scraps~

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous ideas! I've pinned a lot of these myself. My scrapbusting quilts often end up being my favorite ones. :) Have fun!

Little Quiltsong said...

Actually I love making log cabin prints - more the courthouse-type blocks. They go together sooooo fast and then I turn each block back and forth when sewing together, so that you don't have any matching up of strips. Sort of like the last picture - no sashing. I use 1-2 inch wide strips for these blocks. I made 4 quilts at the beginning of the year, which put a healthy dent in my scraps and my kids all have a wonderful beach quilt. Now mind you, I cringed while doing this at first, because the blocks don't look great on their own at first, but once they are all sewn together and backing and binding on - we love them!!

Brenda said...

I love scrappy quilts even though I find they do take more time. But I can't throw away any scraps! Those make free quilts! I really need to get busy on my scraps they are mounding up!

Good luck with yours and I'll be watching to see what you make!

scraphappy said...

So many wonderful ideas. I hope you find one to start right away. One color a month isn't so much to try.

PaulaB quilts said...

Wish I had your wonderful scraps. Your wonky stars are the greatest, especially the yellow. So many choices of using them. I am in RSC15 and do Project Linus quilts, so I love the bright colors.
Paula B Quilts