Sunday, October 18, 2015

Farmer's Wife: Weeks 1-3


After what seemed like MONTHS of WAITING.....the 1930's Farmer's Wife Quilt Along has begun!

I love how the paper piecing is going together.  So far, the blocks have been relatively simple to put together and I'm pleased with the results.









I love my fabric choices for this quilt and how nicely the paper pieced blocks are coming together.  I decided that I will be putting the this quilt together using a quilt as you go method.

Why?  Because this QAL is going to last almost a year, I don't want to wait to put it all together.  That would be a bit overwhelming to put 99 blocks into a quilt.

The plan will be to quilt an 18" block every few weeks and put the blocks together as I go.

At the last minute, I decided to do another set of block in a bright color scheme.  These blocks will be hand pieced.







I did not buy the fancy templates for this.  I'm using cereal boxes and cardstock to create the little templates.  I used this method when I first began quilting {yes, young and broke!!} and I find the hand piecing not only portable, but relaxing as well.

Quite ambitious, but so far caught up!



I'm off to Haiti early tomorrow morning.  My second trip this year.  Hoping to do good.

Have a fabulous week!






No comments: